Wednesday, December 28, 2005

THE ENIGMA CAFE: WHAT IT MEANS

Reposted from December, this is a friendly reminder of What this Blog Means. I have once again had some problems with trolls and the trolls followed me home from some other blogs, so I am explaining my rules of little cafe.I blog about WHAT matters, and I encourage people to come here for thoughful posts and people are welcome to come for dialogue. That being said Trolls are not welcome, or tolerated and will be swept away as soon as their presence is known. All of us cope with much in our lives, this little blog should be a place to feel supported and meet and greet with like minds and souls.It should be a place that is one of comfort, a respite from todays troubled times.

The original post is below.

I have thought alot about this Blog , and What it Means, and Where it is going. And Why I keep it going. And Yes, I was contemplating a name change, but it is destined to remain named the Watergate Summer. ( Especially now that it is No.1 when you google Watergate Summer !).

[Even though Google has labeled it "Questionable Content", oh how they flatter me...]

This Blog is many things, I want it to be a place where you can come to get a cup of Hope, and maybe sit a spell and Think, and sometimes laugh. And yes , somethimes I write about Things that Matter like our Kids,VETS, Homeless, and yes other times I call our "leader" a Dickhead, and that he needs a blowjob. You will never hear me call him my President, because he isn't My president. And yes, sometimes I will make you cry and sometimes I will definently give you a laugh. We need to stay Connected and Know that there is Still Humanity left in this country. We are at a CrossRoads, and what happens over the Next Year will Determine the Fate of our Democracy. I am not being morbid or cryptic saying that. We all know it is True.

And yes, in a way this Blog is a Cafe, a place to nurture and take care of each other, to get through this time. I welcome visitiors and yes Rude Trolls will be sent packing, and not tolerated. This Blog is to take care of all of us, and I can't take Care of Ignorant Fools, they have their own cafes. And because I am a nurse, yes, if you are sick or under the weather I will nag, that is just the way it is.

I started it as a place to vent, and so I wouldn't yell at the TV so much, and so my head wouldn't explode. Some of you have said I am passionate, that is true. You mess with my kid, my neighbors or my friends and you will know that the I am not to be trifled with. I was raised by Southern Women, not the wilty delicate kind, the kind that cuss, tell great stories, and drink bourbon. They also, thank heavens taught me about Southern Men that lie and scheme. ( They taught me how to play poker and chess).They also taught me Values, about Liars and Thank You Notes. They gave me a Code. A Code I can't and won't break.

And yes, over the past few weeks some of you have learned that the Enigma has a past, a darker place , and has been through Too Much.Sane but wounded. And don't be alarmed if I chose you to hear my tale, even bits of it, I want the Truth Known. And yes, I have been through Hell, and yes, believe it or Not , The Administration played a role in my past five years. And it is not a pretty story, and yes , it has left me cynical and judgemental. But I know What I lived was Real and I know Who was Responsible, and I know that me , a mom and a nurse will never be the same. I can't be and I shouldn't be. But if I have shared even part of my tale with you , know this it is because I thought you needed to Know that this Country is indeed in trouble. I don't expect Sympathy, or Heros, just Humanity.That is all.

It is about Endurance, about What we teach our children. It ain't Rocket Science.
We are at a Place in History where we will need to Shake the Trees, to shake out the Truth. Our Kids will thank us later.

So come here to laugh, to cry, and learn a thing or two, and share, and maybe even learn from each other. And yes, the Enigma is at times Fragile and at times on Fire, but will do her best to have a cafe that gives you Something...Something to hold onto....Hope.

6 comments:

Gryphen said...

I yelled at one of my televisions until it died! Pansy!

Now I just vent on the "internets". Seems safer.

Even when I attract right wing Australian trolls.

Justin said...

Hear! Hear!
Enigma4ever is always a good read.

enigma4ever said...

Okay truth be told, I still yell at my poor ol TV, yup it's cringing over in the corner...and blogging only means I yell less. I still yell alot when we watch Hearings on CSpan, and Poor Scotty the Pinata McCellan, geez- and the Katrina "hearings" ( well we know it is good that I don't own a weapon..but I admit popcorn was heaved at the TV)....

Unknown said...

Did you happen to see the wonderful post by Ken over at Common Sense regarding the difference between hope and fear. That may fit well with your notion of provoding some.

Blog on.

jurassicpork said...

I like what you've done with the place. Driftglass dispensed with the blue wallpaper and opted for pus green but it looks good here.

I'd suggest changing the name to the Watergate Cafe. I would've used it if I hadn't been in such a white-hot hurry to launch my own blog last January and opted for the neolithically unimaginative Yep, Another Goddamned Blog."

I also would've called myself Captain Blog but someone else had stolen it.

enigma4ever said...

Thanks for the CommonSense piece I will link to it tomorrow...and jp, about the Captain Blog- the good names always seem to be taken..but your 's is holding strong....and is a better name...

oh, well back to the Dust Bunny Battles....I did take 6 hours off...