Monday, December 26, 2005

RIP MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

Tonight the Patriots and the Jets play the Final Monday Night Football. I am stunned , this is tradition, more than Apple Pie, or Dick Clark on New Years Eve, it is like losing a relative....I am not even a huge Football fan, I confess I am Basketball Fan. (Don't bother me during March Madness)....Ekk gads What will this do to Hotdog Sales, and Doritos, and Heaven have Mercy - Beer...
I just want to know what idiot decided over at Disney to abandon this part of American Culture ? There will be Curses and Toasts passed about at Art Donovan's tonight....( To all the great players I have met Art to Brunell- this ain't right) Thanks ABC for 35 Great Years....

3 comments:

Stephen McArthur said...

Perhaps the number of wife-beating incidents will decrease on Monday nights, at least until they replace it with some other gladiator event? I'll watch for the stats and let everyone know.

But I agree it is an American tradition that I can't imagine why they decided to cancel. Were the ratings that bad? I remember some great games (yes, I have watched), but also alot more over-the-top-hyped games that turned into yawners and stinkers. Of course, my favorite era was when Howard Cosell was part of the anchor team (do you remember how he left the show?) For those who don't, he was fired after referring to a black player as a "little monkey," but in a way that he intended, he insists, absolutely no racial slur at all -- "Look at that little monkey go" is close to what he actually said.

Dada said...

stephen.....or, or maybe, the number of wife-beating incidents will INCREASE without their husbands and lovers living vicariously thru the battles of their Monday night gridiron gladiators?

Well, hopefully, wives and lovers will not suffer for the loss of MNF on ABC. My wife informs me, one of the reasons ABC has bolted was the lack of flexibility to bring us a consistently good game. Planning these Monday night screenings before each season starts, we are sometimes subjected to games like the Packers' torturous display like a week or so ago when they succumbed early--and often--to Baltimore (I think it was, I fell asleep) 48-3 (brutal and sad).

Anyway, no matter. Question is, what will I come up with between now and next August to replace the void that will exist every Monday night next fall?

enigma4ever said...

Hey the packers did score...

and yeah, maybe they will be like NBC, who decided to run Nascar and lost bezilllions ......ABC- fools