Sunday, December 03, 2006

AIDS LINKS THAT ROCK



**^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
I realized after I wrote last night that I should have posted some really signifigant links. Please accept my apologies.
If you click the title above you get to the AIDS Combat Zone- a truly great Resource, well organized and full of soild information and good work. One of the Commenters on my World AIDS day post- Ron works on that site as well as has a wonderful blog which I have added to the Blogroll, called 2Sides2Ron that is insightful and beautifully written. He also is working on a Carnival that is collecting articales and posts on AIDS, so please go to both Blogs and have a read.

And finally I need to say My Blog , Watergate Summer is actually more of a Coffee Shop, a place for folks to gather and share. Over a year ago some started calling it the Enigma Cafe, and I run the Counter serving coffee and insight. Like any Good Coffee Shop it is full of Regulars. We Share and talk on all kinds of issues, from our kids to health issues to the War to the Deplorable State of our Government. Most Everyone is Welcome and I always encourage folks to be kind and good to each other. And most days I Sweep the Trolls right out the door- rather quickly. I won't have my Counter Folk besmerched with rude or hurtful Comments. That being said, there was One Very Rude Offensive Patron here at the Enigma Cafe over the Weekend saying some pretty Ignorant Hurtful Bigoted Comments about AIDS.(His Insensitive Comments were deleted as soon as I found them). Such behavior is not tolerated by me, and the person was shown the door and is not welcome here any longer.It is not fair to the Regulars and I count them as Friends, and it is my job to run the Counter and take care of folks even when the Coffee is bitter and the bagels stale. And for those that he might have offended, you have my sincere apologies.

Blog on Sisters and Brothers and other Brave Souls and do what you can to Fight AIDS and help get Our Country Back.

LINKS:

http://aidsblog.blogspot.com/,
http://internationalcarnivalofpozitivies.blogspot.com/,

and don't forget to go over to the Blogroll ( the Coffee Counter) and check out 2sides2ron at the top near the AIDS Blog.

7 comments:

meldonna said...

Sometimes you brew the coffee, sometimes you wipe the counter, sometimes you have to be the bouncer. Good for you, dear.

enigma4ever said...

And sometimes you gotta take out the trash....to the curb..thanks...

Coffee ? or tea? Have a Danish dear....

Brad said...

Thanks for the nod... happy to be a part of the community

c[_] (sips his coffee)

enigma4ever said...

Oh My quick Mel and Dk get out the Best House Blend we got a really nice guy at the counter- where are my manners ???

Brad you are welcome anytime- you are doing great work over the AIDS Combat Zone....we are proud to have you come here....and we will be over to visit you at the Zone....

Keep up the great blogging...

Ron Hudson said...

Hey e4e!

Thanks for honoring me as a contributor to AIDS Combat Zone, but I have to give the credit for that beautiful site to Brad alone. We have collaborated on the ICP in the past and I count him as an ally, but I can not take any credit for AIDS Combat Zone, as much as I would like to do! Thanks, Brad, for your site.

And thank you for welcoming me and my friends into your coffee shop! I hope that my readers will join you at Watergate Summer. I will put up your link now on my personal blog, 2sides2ron.

Take good care.

Ron

Anonymous said...

sweeping trolls is a never-ending task. send 'em to the landfill & let the seagulls peck their eyes.

i've baked fresh buttered scones & homemade mormon blackberry jam for the enigma cafe counter. herbal tea for us non-caffeiners. looking forward to visiting brad & both sides of ron! ~~ D.K.

enigma4ever said...

DK: you are spoling us rotten...SCONES???? wow....