Thursday, December 07, 2006

EVEN A DAD CAN BE A HERO....R.I.P. JAMES KIM



( Please click the title Anderson Cooper also blogged on this, and raises some good questions).

All of us wonder What we are made of....
Are we Strong enough ?
Are we Willing in a crisis to do what is asked of us?
Are we able to muster all of our Courage when most needed ?
Would we know how to care for our family if dire circumstances occurred ?
Would our Love of people that matter make us stronger ?
Would Our Love save the People that we love ?

Rest in Peace James Kim.
Namaste.

7 comments:

sumo said...

It made me feel so badly for his family when I heard it on the news today. My husband said he never should have left them...but we know why he did...he had to. I'm sure he was a wonderful man and father...best wishes to his family. So sorry!

Anonymous said...

He gave the so often abused term, "family values", back it's real meaning. I just wish he didn't have to pay for that with his life.

meldonna said...

Actually, I've heard the searchers finally found the family by spotting his footprints and following them back to the vehicle; so in a very sad way, he actually did save his family. My heart is just broken for them all...

Anonymous said...

wow - this is the first i've heard...thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

It is a very sad moment for that family. I can't even imagine. Nice ode to a selfless man.

enigma4ever said...

To everyone who came by- thanks....He is making us think of who we are and how we take care of those we love. My Son pointed out that everyone thinks that Geeks have no Survival Skills- but that he and his wife were creative in their skills...and yes, I heard today that his footprints is what helped his wife get found..that is so moving....

And today we learned that it was hypothermia/exposure that finally got him- he just probaly fell and exhaustion and cold took over. So sad. I just hope he knew that he had accomplished rescuing his family....

Namaste.

enigma4ever said...

Correction - it is not Anderson that blogged it- it was Rick Sanchez....oops....Anderson blogged on the Iraq Report- also worth a read.