Thursday, January 04, 2007

110 th Congress Convenes:



Today as a Woman, as Mom, as a Nurse, as a Blogger, I watched the 110 th Congress convene. For the First time in my life I watched a Congress stand up and take the floor that truly was brought there by the people. The People of America in November sent a loud messege to DC and the White House. We all worked hard to send that Messege, and worked hard to get these people elected. We have Great Expectations because they are obligated to Work for us The People. I watched a Woman, a Mother take the Position as Speaker for the 1st time in 200 years. Children for the first time were allowed to touch the Gavel. Senator Pelosi in her very first sentence announced that we need to get the Troops in Iraq Home.

And to All of those Fine Bloggers that Helped make The Moment Happen, We did it. There is sadly still Much Work to be done to get our Troops Home and end this Criminal Regime. Thank you.

The Song Below is about WHAT it is all About. I pray we get the Troops Home This Year.

Home

3 comments:

enigma4ever said...

3pm I am watching Ellison get sworned in Thomas Jefferson's Bible...are you sitting down...on FOX...oh the Irony...

Peacechick Mary said...

This is a wonderful day and I hope that it leads to many, many more. We all have high hopes. Thanks for the video, too. You are one terrific blogger, E4E!

Anonymous said...

So much is riding on this. As I watched it unfold on TV today, I was very proud of finally reaching this point. And very hopeful that we can indeed curb the direction our country has been heading.

I know it's a first & so history is being made, but I find myself wanting this to mean so much more than that we finally have a woman Speaker of the House.

I loved seeing all the children present & afterwards being invited up to the podium. It drove the point home that they are what this is all about.

I also note the formal objection in session today to the election fraud in Florida's 13th District. This gives me hope that the privatization of our public elections will be shown to be a violation of our voting rights.

Now let's see them get on with the rest of the agenda we voted for. ~~ D.K.