Monday, January 01, 2007

2006 Year of Toil & Trouble



So every year I stay up on New Years Eve and put together a HUGE Jigsaw puzzle...and reflect on the last year. In this case much of the last year was indeed a Jigsaw Puzzle, waiting for the Pieces of this Corrupt Morass to basically fall into place. I read the CNN Top Story list and was almost laughing at how much they Forgot ? So this is my list...I pray it is a little more accurate reflecting WHAT needs remembering....

Here is a Random List of WHAT I will remember, as a Bloggeress....And Remember this is in NO particular order.
( BUT if you think I forgot Something, please do let me know )

*** Please also see the Ava Lowery video below,, shamelessly stolen from Crooks & Liars it sums up the year nicely***

WHAT SHOULD BE REMEMBERED:

1. Democrat Tsunami November ( FIRST time in 6 years MY vote was counted)
2. Iraq and 650,000 DEAD Iraqis ( and how Afganistan is a frigging mess and not getting covered)
3. BUSHCO continuing to lie and hump their Fake, Delusional War on "Terra"
4. How Iraq was not called a Civil War until December ( after the effin Election)
5. GOP Repug Corruption and Resignations
6. MORE Unfolds about the Rendition and Gitmo mess
7. Lebanon bombed beyond recognition ( and how the press never did the story again)
8. Al Gore and Inconvenient Truth ( and Global Warning)
9. Sago Mine Disaster ( and Media Mess)
10. Keith Olbermann's Special Comments
11. Micheal J.Fox ( His Courage during the Elections)
12. Katrina Hearings ( last winter- and then media and Senate and Congress dropped ALL of it)
13. How Millions Effected by Katrina- (the Survivors are STILL missing and not being properly taken care of)
14. How the Katrina TRUE DEAD NUMBERS are not being told
15. Stupid Ass New Airline Restrictions ( hair gel and lipstick ???? )
16. NSA Spying Crap Conitnues to Unfold
17. Lost Faith in Media: CNN (except Anderson, Jakc Cafferty), NYT, even WAPO
Reading Vanity Fair and Harpers, and the Rolling Stone for GREAT Investigative Pieces
18. YouTube
19. And How Bloggers and the Internet Covered WHAT the Media Wouldn't
20. Corrupt Geeus Mongers ( Haggard & co)
21. METH: and how the Media is STILL ignoring it
22. The James Family in Oregon ( Survival and Tragedy)
23. The Lost Climbers on Mt.Hood.
24. Tornados at Christmas in Florida

LOSS:
Coretta Scott King
Rosa Parks
Steve Irwin
James Brown
Dana Reeves ( and Chris before her)


JUST DEAD ( I ain't crying) CATEGORY:
President Ford
Kenny Lay

Illegally Dead :
Saddam ( Sorry but I don't think the 30 day Appeal Process Criteria was met- I am not even sure WHO hung him)

3 comments:

deuddersun said...

Excellent post enigma, I love how you lumped Ford and Lay into "I ain't crying". Got my vote on that one.

If I haven't already, I will link to you tomorrow. All of us in the "reality based community" need to stick close together if we're ever gonna reclaim the real America from the troglodytes.

d.

Peacechick Mary said...

You know what is great? Not just that the Dems took over congress, but the fact that more and more of our population are fed up and willing to let this administration and congress know about it. Excellent post - you are super!

Anonymous said...

Good job! For me, I would add how happy I was to find your blog & know I am not the only one throwing cotton balls & swearing at the TV. See, something good did happen during the year. ~~ D.K.