Monday, July 09, 2007

About LIVE EARTH...and why it Rocked.


This weekend Live Earth opened up the Airwaves so people could Finally talk about Global Warming EnMasse and online and on TV. And yes I am grateful to Al Gore for this Event, it reminded me alot of the 1960's, with Meaningful Songs and Politcal Statements. ( I mean Alicia Keys and John Legend singing together is priceless, but to hear Marvin Gayes " What's Going On" in this Corrupt Wartorn Era was beyond Haunting.) We need MORE Music with a Messege, LOUDLY playing all around the Earth.
To lay on the floor with 3 fans, iced tea, and popsicles and a dog and cat and 6-6 and just Listen was Absolute Heaven .......( Even with all the annoying ads).
To walk the dog and hear it drifting from Many Many Open Windows and to have People call to me" Better get home, Dave Matthews is Next"....
To eavesdrop on Many Porch Debates about Buscho Errors on Global Warming was music to my ears....
To Hear the Music Come in through my windows all around, all of us listening to the same Messege, the Same Indictment on this Corrupt Dangerous Administration was music to my ears.
To hear an elderly neighbor Woman of upper 70's said to me as she came out on her porch, " Well, this is the Best thing I have seen in Years. Even though that Madonna thinks she is British now- she is still a bit Trampy isn't she. Well, I just hope that MrBush is sitting somewhere eating some crow and some humble pie, and maybe even choking on it....You know kinda like his Pretzel Moment. This is like the Whole World Calling him a FOOL."
Amen Miss Evie, amen. ( Henry also shared these sentiments and comments- so I must thank him too.).

THINGS WE TRY TO DO TO HELP THE EARTH at our home.... we "try"
(1) We have always tried to live close to a grocery store , so we could walk to the Market , and not use the car. We only use our car about once a week for errands and groceries....( I really really want a French Fry Car)
(2) and we have a cloth bag...mostly because I can't stand plastic bags.
(3) We recycle, which also means we rarely if ever buy NEW, we buy alot 2nd hand, or we use what others discard . ( Hey don't knock it- I got a beautiful Working Dyson Vacumn Cleaner that way...Sunday Night shopping I call it...)We fix and repair everything that matters.
(4) We don't fly a Private Jet....like ever...

Thanks Al Gore for Keeping the Dialogue Going .....about What Matters....
( I still wish you were OUR President....)

14 comments:

Larry said...

Good thoughts and list Enigma and it's a shame so many ignore the damage to our earth.

Anonymous said...

Alicia Keys was great!

MORE

Peacechick Mary said...

Thanks for saying all that E4E. We need to be reminded everyday of how a healthy planet means healthy people. Maybe people are waking up.

azgoddess said...

YEA!! you rock my friend!! and fyi - i got a french fry car who sailed all the way to san diego on one tank of bio-diesel...just love it!!

and al gore -- i get so sick of the critics...

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/02/26/gore-responds-to-drudge/

Anonymous said...

Putting one moronic monkey in a cage would cause a dramatic cleanup of the US environment.

Anonymous said...

Enigma, if you only use your car once per week, and your city has car-sharing services, you might want to consider getting rid of the car entirely. We did and love it.

Anon-Paranoid said...

There is no such thing as Global Warming.

The weather were seeing and having is God showing His disapproval of our actions at home and around the World.

God Bless.

Anonymous said...

i have also pledged not to fly in any more personal jets. it was getting a little out of control, i must say.

enigma4ever said...

Anon: Yes the gods...Mother Nature..Mother Earth....Greater Forces are I am certain showing their wrath .....it makes sense...But I do believe that Scientifically we are suffering for this Bushco Ignorance- this was NOT the time to pretend that the Earth is not suffering....

KVATCH: I bought a 2nd hand bike today...yahoo...and I still walk everywhere- I think I will look into getting rid of car...

JOLLY: well, just ONE monkey in the cage ?

AZ: French fry car , write me , I would love more info ...enigma4ever@earthlink.net....( I still lust for one...even though I don't drive much)

Peacechick: I would love to think that people are waking up...wouldn't that be something???

Anony: Thanks for the links...and yeah Alicia was amazing...

Larry: And yeah, my little list is just a drop in the bucket ....and the Damage is Real and definently Earth is hurting...we need to take better care of IT and each other....thanks for coming by..

Anon-Paranoid said...

enigma...
Have you seen my last three posts?

One on the Dark Lord, one on impeachment and one on the Scooter.

God Bless.
PS: My 9 month old LCD monitor died yesterday so I haven't been on line. Need to ship it to California for repair under the manufacture warranty and am using my old 15" CRT monitor.

It took me a while to determine I had a monitor issue and than last night it would not even power up.

Big disappointment as that was my first LCD and now I have worries about if it will do the same thing in another 9 months.

Dada said...

enigma: Always love your great graphics!

I think conservatives fear our 43rd president more than any other democratic candidate in '08. I think they fear he may decide to run for reelection. (Talking about Al Gore here.)

As a result they'll trash him anyway they can. I think the "huge waste of energy" expended on his concerts this weekend was a talking point of the right.

The third time I heard it from a different source (NPR's Sat. morn Scott Simon), who was repeating the jumbo jets, stretch limos and all that electricity for those amps made me laugh. That's because Simon is a huge fan of baseball and we know the energy that consumes moving teams around in big ol' jets, playing under all those night lights--w/o creating ANY awareness of the energy waste, global warming problems we're all up against like the Gore effort did at least.

fallenmonk said...

It was a great effort and a really good excuse to vegetate in front of the tube Saturday. Sounds like you are doing your part to minimize your impact... and good for you.

Holly said...

Hey Enigma, I don't think a set of novels could cover all that has went on

enigma4ever said...

Holly: we all have stories of the past 6 years...and it will take years to sort....

FM: yup....I am trying I wish I could do more....but maybe the little things will help in the end....( I will NOT be driving a Hindberg car....I would love a Prius, but 6-6-son, will not fit ;-(

Dada: oh that was funny about Baseball....so I guess I won't be getting on my jumbo jet coming your way???? oh the guilt and shame...ha....
and least Gore is trying to keep folks awake and that the Earth Damage is real....maybe it does sometimes take music to wake folks up...and send a messege...I won't begrudge him for that ...ever...