Thursday, February 21, 2008

MICHELLE OBAMA CAME TO CLEVELAND TODAY, AND SHE WAS AMAZING.......



***************************************
{{ these photos were taken by Chris the Obama photographer- I got to stand with her on the steps, she took great photos, and was wonderful to hang out with.....see more of her photos on the Obama Blog }}

Michelle Obama came to Cleveland today......and hundreds showed up at a local University to greet her and welcome her to Cleveland. She was scheduled for 11:30am, people started filling the Student Center at 10am,.There was much buzz and excitement. There were students, parents, and downtown business people, and a full balconey of Cleveland Digantaries. She spoke at the Student Center, that is a large area surrounded by 4 levels of open air balconies, and the stairs and baloconies were also full of people. It was exciting seeing so many people ready to greet the Next First Lady.....First we were treated to the Mayor Of Cleveland, Mayor Jackson has not endorsed until today, and once he did endorse Obama, the crowds cheered. Michelle arrived and she was beautiful, all class dressed in a black suit. She is tall and so poised, with a strong voice and she looks around the crowd and makes eye contact with people in the crowd. People talk back to her, encouraging her to tell her story and Barack's Story. She reminds us that we are all in THIS together, that we can make History together.

And yes for me it was a moving experience, so much more than watching her on CSPAN. She is REAL, a hardworking mom speaking truthfully about our Country and WHO Barack is and WHY we need him as President. I was so lucky to be able to go see her. I stood on the Stairs and was lucky enough to stand with the Event Coordinator and also the Obama photographer. There was also moms and one mom with her baby, Ellington. I kept looking at him and thinking that we need to give him a Better America.....If you go to the Website tonight please see the wonderful Photos by Chris. ( Please note the pale redheaded Enigma is great at ducking-so you won't see me).

The Other wonders of this Event- we got a real treat when Michelle announced that Barack is Coming to Cleveland Saturday Night, and we got to learn where to go get tickets for a special viewing area. The Crowd cheered. ( and yes, I did indeed walk downtown and get the tickets ). And yes, I waited in a line to greet her and get my "Audacity of Hope" Book Signed by her.....

It was a Great Day....and yes, I am Fired Up.....

***** I will have my Phone Photo up later, 6-6 has to help me with that.Liveblogging the Debate is down below....*****

11 comments:

enigma4ever said...

Some of the photos from Michelle's Cleveland Visit at CSU are on the Obama Blog.....you can see how packed it was....wall to wall people...also Mayor Jackson 's Endorsement is on the Blog too...

Christopher said...

How awesome! Very, very cool!

enigma4ever said...

thanks.,...I felt sooooo lucky to see her in Ctown...

Fran said...

Very cool! She had to dance around the proud of my country thing the media stirred up-- whats her name McCain's wifey said I am always proud of my country....

Michelle was being more real, she was proud at the moment to see all those who were negative have been wrong.

And for the record Mrs Country Club luncheon trophy wife McCain~~ out in the real world... things have been happening that do not make this country proud- torture, abuse, illegal wars, breaking Internation laws, the geneva conventions, and other things that, frankly because we USED to play by those rules, is probably why your husband is alive today.

Health care & decent education & $$ for education is a real struggle for those outside your upper crust world.

The things that have been happening are not anything remotely to be proud of.

But she has to dance around the subject- yea mrs country club American pride rah rah rah & all that jazz.

Did she have the girlsd with her or no?

Obama one time said he asked one of his daughters if she wanted to come to an event & she said you know daddy, that's not my thing.

Awww cute.

enigma4ever said...

First off Cindi McCain ( grrrr, she is an interesting little stepford wife....and her rodeo queen days have left her with a sense of how to fight dirty....)

Michelle is all class- I had to wait until I had good photos to put up- sadly I had to take off the other photo - that was from her speech in Delaware....but I love that photo with the little girl....

Anyways- she got lots of love and people yelling to her that we understood and were soooo proud of her....and we KNOW what it is like to not be proud anymore....

( her girls are back in Illinois with her mom....I am sure she misses them- she talks about them.....)

enigma4ever said...

okay so I have the photos from the event- I got to stand with the Obama photographer...she was soooo cool....and LOOK at the balconies- look at ALL the people- it was Packed....atleast 1000....

D.K. Raed said...

I wish I could've been there! Michelle is awesome on C-Span, but it sounds like even more so in person. And now you'll get to see Barack, too!?! I will try to keep my jealousy under control ...

Fran said...

McCain's Stepford wife! GReat description.... get the stars & stripes out of your eyes honey & wake the hell up.

I'd love to hear what Michelle Obama really thinks in a safe environment.... something like seriously people-- are we going to let this country go to hell in a handbasket without a fight? Do you give a rip about the constitution? Lets make this a country we CAN be proud of....

enigma4ever said...

I am just trying to share with you all..and yes I am a little excited...okay alot excited.......I mean this is it History in Cleveland ( which after the last few crappy Elections is somehow karma??? )

( if I gloat I am so sorry)

D.K. Raed said...

You're not gloating! You deserve to be excited & I am excited for you! My jealousy is purely the result of my own flawed nature.

Cartledge said...

Good one enigma. Given I'm on the other side of the world you are hereby deputised. I will have to be content with experiencing the vicariously.