Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thursday Night Music......


*************************************
In the Summer I am having Beach Yearnings....I thought I would spend the next week or so and share some amazing Beaches with you.....This is a spot that is amazing...it is called "Lovers Point" , it is Pacific Grove , on the Coast in California . It is just up the highway from Big Sur. ( I am very worried about the Monterey County and Big Sur, breaks my heart that the California Coast and much of the West is on fire, and yet barely mentioned on the News....)Anyways...it is a beautiful area....The last time there..I was living there, two blocks from the beach, my Bassatt used to bellow and yodel to the Seals on the Beach.....( she was slightly confused What Kind of Dog they were ??).My Son and I would go there...we had wetsuits and boogie boards....and Time would slip away when we would go to this beach....Otters, and seals, and tidepools, and birds were our neighbors....

My son was just entering his teens when we lived there....and the older girls in the nieghborhood would flirt with him...and cause him much distress....but when you are 6-6, no one really knows how Old you really are....

And now he is really in his teens and he thinks I don't remember what it is like to be a teenager...But I do....I was not always old.....

And I look at videos and photos of Pacific Grove ...and I feel so young again...I want to go get my Boogie Board out and go to the beach....Again....

Namaste....Have a good night.....

Annie Lennox sings " 17 Again"


*{ I will award the Art Pico Blog awards tomorrow....I have a wicked stomach thing,....so I am lying low tonight...}*

9 comments:

Larry said...

Nothing better than the beach and what you can take from being there.

X. Dell said...

Someone just sent me several gift DVDs of 1970s b-movies, about 24 hours of celluloid in all. These were shot in Southern California, so I've seen lots and lots of beaches recently.

D.K. Raed said...

The beach is a perfect place for "time-slipping". Feel 17 again! Reminds me of koolaid days and hotdog nights, Sunset Beach, Santa Monica. Umbrellas and Pink Floyd. I wonder if that old string bikini would fit ... on my arm (:sigh:)

Dr. Know said...

I miss the beach as well. Georgia is a boring, regressive hellhole. Lived in Florida for 10 years, and a friend owned a bread and breakfast a few miles from Big Sur and I spent a few weeks there in 2005. Dry, Dry, Dry. It was just recently sold, apparently just in time to avoid the fires. But that is a part of the natural cycle out there -- man's attempts to thwart the natural fires makes them raging, uncontrollable, hellstorms when they do eventually start. Same as with NE Florida.
BTW, your recent posting related to Rachael Carson made me pull an old copy of Silent Spring off the shelf for a re-read. Accounts of the millions of dead birds and other wildlife are just as depressing the second time around.
I've also picked up some stomach thing as well. I'm staying close to the porcelain throne today. And that's the high point of my week. Ugh...

DivaJood said...

Happy July 4th, feel better.

MandT said...

Big Sur has been a part of my my life for nearly fifty years. It has been like a spiritual vortex for many of us: from The New Camaloldi Hermitage, Eselon, Tassahara, the beaches----What sadness to think of it burning, but then the very nature of it's cycles of impermanence, bring renewal. I will always remember from my hut, looking down the cliff at the ocean, hidden in fog while the sun and clear sky brighten the mesa area where the monastery had carved out its circular niche. Years ago, before I left I scattered handfuls of 'forget-me-nots' and wild nasturtiums from land's end down the steep hillsides there.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're feeling better soon. Have a safe 4th.

enigma4ever said...

RJ:::
thanks....I will be better soon...just looking at the Beach scenes helps....Have a good forth...

Mandt::
well, maybe I saw some of your flowers ;-) I left Lillies and Poppies and morning Glorys back there too....I am sad about it- and kind of shocked- I did not think the Fires would ever go so close to the coast....

Dr.KNOW::::
Hey friend...ahhh so you got Silent Spring...good for you...I hope you liked it...it is good summer reading.....ahh,so you all are dry down there....I hope you have a good fourth.....and that it is nice.....ahh so you spent time out there in Ca....I know that it is part of the cycles- but the Coast and Big Sur have not been part of that before...not that I know of...( It is not like Malibu...)....anyways....sigh....have a good fourth.....

Diva:::
hugs to you...have a good fourth....hope you are okay out there....

DK:::
oh time-slipping- that is a great term...love that...
no bikinis here...omg...but some pink floyd is a great idea :-)

Xdell::
you lucky soul...I love those old movies...the more the better....I think I need a Real Dose of the beach though....

Larry:::
you said it...and the beach stays with you forever....

Anonymous said...

You guys the fires are bad and now another one has started in Goleta, so we're watching this.

But truthfully, here and in So Cal, the beaches are pretty much polluted. Central CA is bad too believe or not, like San Diego, they have received a waiver to comply with Federal Water Quality Standards.

)<: