Saturday, January 17, 2009

More On Torture, and WHY it must be dealt with....


Obama to end HARSH Interrogations, and torture, BUT there is a Loophole possibility ????
NO....There can be NO Loopholes or Bending of The Existing Laws and Rules....There are no Compromises on such issues after what has happened and was done in Our Names in the past 8 years.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update 1.18.09
Someone told me later about Turley on Coundown...so I found him explaining WHY War Crimes must be Prosecuted....(my apologies for finding 3 days late)...

2 comments:

Annette said...

No, I don't think he will allow any loopholes. I don't believe Holder will, I don't believe Panetta will. I think it will be done for once and for all.

I think, depending on what Panetta says when he is questioned, and I hope that rendition is done also.

D.K. Raed said...

Jonathan Turley on Keith on Friday night made points about legal precedence being established if we DON'T bring charges against Bush-Cheney-Rumsfeld-Gonzo-Addington. They knowingly violated the law, authorizing skirting of geneva conventions, rules of engagement, treatment of prisoners, etc. To turn our backs on their crimes is to tacitly endorse those crimes. Our legal system is built on precedence.