Wednesday, February 11, 2009

About Loans, WHY if the Banks got Bailout Money- How come there are NO Loans Available ?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mr.Potter confronted by George Bailey...

Okay, so I have been trying to figure out if this is a Ohio thing, or if this is happening Nationwide.So At Christmas time I went to 4 different banks and looked for Loan Information. It used to be in pamphlets laying on the Counter. Pamphlets on School Loans and Home Loans and Home Improvement Loans. There are not even any HUD or Fannie or Freddie Materials laying out....

I have been watching the Bank Hearings this week....The Bank Execs ( Pricks) had NO answers WHERE the Bailout is, or WHO they are lending to ? They sat there inflated and offended...yet that Money that was lent to them...it is OUR Money....

How about where you are ? Let me know what you find ...I will post here and also on my other blog, The 2009 Depression blog. Because I think we are being punked....that the Banks are taking all the money .....but not to use for loans.

4 comments:

Dr. Know said...

They are using it to prop up shareholders, of course.

Annette said...

I think the small local banks like where I live in these little towns are loaning to locals...but not the national banks.. or the regional banks. Like we have a bank here in town that is locally owned...private.. they are loaning money to local people for farms and homes and cars..not sure about anything else...but that's about it.. Credit has to be perfect, job history has to be good and collateral has to be there... But, like my bank, Bank of America.. I am not sure how much they are lending...

Fran said...

Did they hang a *OUT SHOPPIN' FOR CORPORATE JETS* sign in the window?

Apparently, they have "toxic loans", junk/garbage holdings & lots of them.

Last year when we looked into college loans & filled out the nightmarish FAFSA federal loan forms, the best they could do was come up with a 14% Variable rate loan.

We immediately filed it in the shredder.

libhom said...

I think it is a national problem.

I never used to think it would be a good idea, but bank nationalization is something that deserves consideration.