Thursday, February 12, 2009

Celebrating Lincoln......and some timely quotes ( do click the title wonderful Blog post on Lincoln)



“My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure.” And great Men aren’t content even with their success!"

“All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.” Oh yes, it is to our mother that we all should owe whatever we are.. So true, the hand that rocks the cradle".

“Excellence in any undertaking can be found in details that most people barely notice, but those who know know.”

“I know not how to aid you, save in the assurance of one of mature age, and much severe experience, that you can not fail, if you resolutely determine, that you will not.”

“I hold, that in contemplation of universal law, and of the Constitution, the Union of these States is perpetual.”

“Fellow-citizens, we cannot escape history. We of this Congress and this administration, will be remembered in spite of ourselves. No personal significance, or insignificance, can spare one or another of us. The fiery trial through which we pass, will light us down, in honor or dishonor, to the latest generation.”

“In this sad world of ours, sorrow comes to all; and, to the young, it comes with bitterest agony, because it takes them unawares.”

“I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live by the light that I have. I must stand with anybody that stands right, and stand with him while he is right, and part with him when he goes wrong.”

“If you look for the bad in people expecting to find it, you surely will.”

“These capitalists generally act harmoniously and in concert, to fleece the people”

4 comments:

GDAEman said...

This one was written for George Bush:

"My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure. And great Men aren’t content even with their success!"

enigma4ever said...

GDAE.....
yup you are sooooo right...

D.K. Raed said...

oh my, that last quote about "fleecing the people" is so perfect! Lincoln certainly saw far!

Distributorcap said...

hard to believe he was the first republican president - he was rolling in his grave and switching parties for 8 years