Sunday, April 05, 2009

PBS Special, Must See :::" Coming Home : Military Families Cope With Change"....

"Coming Home: Military Families Cope with Change"
Description from the PBS site:
"Queen Latifah and John Mayer take part in this Sesame Workshop program about soldiers returning home with visible and invisible injuries, and the challenges they and their families face. Elmo, Rosita and other "Sesame Street" characters are also on hand, showing the role children can play in their families' transition to a "new normal."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I watched the show and it covers PTSD and Brain Trauma, and Families tell their own stories of What Happened When Daddy came home....really welldone and good for families

5 comments:

D.K. Raed said...

Thanks for the link! I think I read somewhere that there are more brain trauma injuries from these 2 wars than any other?

enigma4ever said...

true...
the VA has also started testing PTSD for brain injury and Brain Trauma patients for PTSD....

and I think I saw that stat too- I can not remember where ( hmm, actually I might have blogged it...)

Queen Latiffah was so interesting - Her dad had PTSD.....

Jackson said...

This month we're celebrating the military child. We have a little micro-site with news, resources and banners. Thanks for helping to spread the word and glad you enjoyed the Coming Home episode.

enigma4ever said...

Jackson::
yeah- the Coming Home was really welldone...and perfect for families to watch together....I hope that more are done....

thank you for the link- wonderful...I will add it to this post- I have pretty good readership so you should get some people coming over-

thanks again....email me if there is anything else to add or link...

;-)

Jackson said...

Thanks for all your support!