Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Public Option Is getting "Compromised"??? ....snippet below from Bob Cesca...

From Bob's Awesome blog::: 7:30PM tonight..


"WATERING DOWN THE PUBLIC OPTION
Henry Waxman reached an agreement with House Blue Dogs on healthcare reform and the public option:

The Blue Dogs wrestled some concessions out of Waxman (D-Calif.), particularly related to a public health care option and employer mandates. The committee's current version of the public option now more closely resembles that of the health committee in the Senate.
For instance, rather than linking the public option to the rates enjoyed by Medicare, the new language would require a separate agreement without Medicare's bargaining power, Rep. Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) said. Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius would be responsible for negotiating deals with service providers from day one of the public plan's existence, rather than year three. States can also set up co-op insurance plans in addition to the public option, but not in its stead.

In and of itself, this isn't good, but it's not terrible either. What truly blows here is that the public option will be further compromised and watered down when and if it even gets to a conference committee to be reconciled with a much more conservative Senate bill.

In other words, the public option doesn't get any stronger from here -- it can only be weakened."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Enigma Comments:::
Son of a Bitch 52 Million Americans are about to be thrown to the damn curb....I am ready to March on DC- I have had it. I also think we need a National Strike. Unreal.... No Balls ..No Spine Dems ...HOW the hell can they do this...And President Obama you made Promises to the People...

6 comments:

Annette said...

Don't believe it.. That's not what I read at Jack Rice's post from a congressman he talked to on his Air America show.. It's on my FaceBook page...and he says the public Option is alive and well.. and so did Sherrod Brown.. So did Pres. Obama earlier today. So I don't know what or where Bob is getting his info...but I have more sources that say it is fine.

enigma4ever said...

Well, Bob is hearing info and you are hearing info- I was glad to hear Sherrod tonight on Countdown- and I will send him another letter....Sebelius was on MSNBC today she did not even mention the Public Option she kept going on and on about the CO_OP plant....urgh.....

AND so did Gupta today by the way- he was twittering about it...

on another note I would have loved to have seen ANY of the Obama's Town Hall Meetings today- Cspan did not show- they showed part of the NC one and then they cut away, and None of the Virginia one, and CNN and MSNBC did not show either- yet later they had some sound bites they showed....I want to see whole thing and the question and answer part....and how the audience responds- I always watch that.....

and yes, I also checked the WH blog- but they were not there either...

enigma4ever said...

sorry Annette;
I am down and worried..sorry but I am...

Lazarhat said...

Never fear! Everyone should be contacting their elected representatives NOW, demanding that they take positive action. Unfortunately I've personally come to the conclusion that Bachus and Nelson and the rest of the "Blue Jackals", not to mention the nay-saying GOP who have absolutely NO PLAN of their own, have entirely mucked up this opportunity to pass a good bill before the recess. Thus why I say, reset, push the Wyden Bill and do it in reconciliation if need be. Unfortunately this bill has too much graft and undue influence from the insurance lobby and while it may be better than nothing, I'm not entirely sure that at this point they haven't subverted it, once again, to serve corporate interests rather than average, uninsured Americans.

Keep fighting the good fight, and don't let the bastards get you down...

-Laz
(Randy)

enigma4ever said...

thanks randy...
you are right ..we need to working on it and raising hell...

( see silly me- I thought I had raised enuf hell- apparently not..)

enigma4ever said...

Randy scroll down to my 52 Million American Post from Wed and you will see that for me- this battle is way personal...and I wish it was wasn't....