Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Healthcare Battle Continues...and America Still Has a Healthcare Crisis....a message from Enigma


Why I blog this....
I have blogged and written on Healthcare now for many months. I am a merely a single mom, an UnInsured Nurse, that is trying to get healthcare for my family and my neighbors.I Live in Ohio, in an area of Cleveland that is truly the Foreclosure Capital of the Country. An area that is truly blighted by families losing jobs and homes. I have seen Dads working at home after losing their jobs, trying to repair little outside projects and keep their self esteem intact. I have seen people lose their homes and lug belongings to the curb. I have seen tears and rage as Tow Trucks haul away cars that could have helped people continue job hunts.I have seen many many empty lonely houses. I have seen people sleeping in their cars. Unemployment here is close to 14% so it is reported, I would bet it is much higher. On my street two neighbors died last winter, and they did not die with the care they needed, they died alone and without care, and then the banks took their homes. I feel sick when I walk by their homes. And many of those still here are struggling to buy food and take care of their families, many homes have atleast one member unemployed. And Most people that are neighbors, very few have Insurance or healthcare, except for those on Medicare.

On a more personal level I am battling my own healthcare situation....and job situation..and this battle is personal. I blog about the Healthcare Crisis because I know I am not alone, that millions are struggling right now, just like me and my son. I want my son to have a more stable future and access to Education and Healthcare....without Struggle.

It has been draining watching the Summer of Hate, Watching Fellow Americans behave like spoiled 4 year olds stamping their feet and yelling about wanting their America back. I have been mystified by the level of rage and anger, and worried. When Obama came and spoke here , he spoke of an Empathy Deficit and how it had effected our Country. He was right, there in many ways has been a crippling lack of compassion and greed nurtured by huge Corporations....

Down Below there is more information to help anyone learn WHY we need Health Care Reform , not just "Insurance" reform.
Everyday I do try to post new articles to share and read and post on Facebook and Twitter. I try to post the Human side of this Story. Also if you scroll down I do indeed take apart Baucus's Crappy Bill piece by piece from Fines to other Insurance gifts. At this point we need a Public Option for the 30 Million that have been denied care and cancelled. Close to 50 Million UnInsured and Millions more UnderInsured. I hope and pray that many in DC over the next few weeks find their Moral Compass.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anyone with Healthcare news is welcome to email me, if you send hate mail I will delete. This blog is to inform and share, it is in no way a place to mock anyone struggling in this time,and yes I will continue to blog this issue until we have Real Healthcare Reform for all of us...I believe in the power of Compassion.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pray for those in Heaven, and fight like hell for the Living. Mother Jones
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
******************************************
6PM:::
MUST see Report and Charts of WHAT Insurance Premiums are doing to American Families ( Reported to Whitehouse September 2009) ::: Please do share this link and share on facebook and twitter....it will take your breath away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*originally posted 9.22.09*

16 comments:

Mauigirl said...

Great post, Enigma, truly from the heart. I hope we can prevail in this struggle.

enigma4ever said...

thanks maui...
I hope so too...
I am tired...
everyone is...

enigma4ever said...

Sample from the WH report ::
According to the Kaiser/HRET survey, the average cost of a family health insurance policy
increased from to $13,375 in 2009; up from $12,680 in 2008 (Exhibit 1). This 5.5% increase
came at a time when, amidst the worst recession since the Great Depression, inflation was
actually negative.

tom said...

We will prevail, this is the making sausage phase of making legislation, Obama will not let us down, and the Blue Dogs WILL see the light
Take Care of YOURSELF, find some peace in you day in your garden!
(only if it is not snowing yet!!!)
You are fighting the good fight, we will prevail
so say we all
(ok could not help that little SciFi blurb)
We are having an anti Beck thing here in Seattle!!!

TomInSeattle

the walking man said...

Let's all stop buying and paying for health care and pool our money and purchase congress back from the K Street gang?

Unknown said...

Incredible post, Enigma... I was uninsured for about 8 years. It was nerve-wracking and stressful. I truly hope we can get meaningful healthcare passed. It's hard with the corporations calling the shots. UGH!

Cirze said...

I really enjoyed reading your blog, Enigma, and I'm blogrolling you. I've also been covering this ignorance-laden historical moment that should be used to truly change the way our society functions.

Thanks for your insights!

I've been insuranceless for over 10 years as I'm also long-term jobless in this frightened-of-the-overqualifed economy. I attended a networking event last night where people congratulated me on having such a great (past) career. I didn't have the heart to tell them that I hadn't worked in almost a decade.

I like Walking Man's take too.

Peace to you and yours,

Suzan

I do indeed take apart Baucus's Crappy Bill piece by piece from Fines to other Insurance gifts. At this point we need a Public Option for the 30 Million that have been denied care and cancelled. Close to 50 Million UnInsured and Millions more UnderInsured.

D.K. Raed said...

Really good post, Enigma!

The Kaiser report link was about employer-sponsored plans. I can assure you that private insurance plans (like for self-employed or individuals purchasing their own medical insurance) have had even greater increases.

In my own case, premiums have risen 100% over the last 4-yrs (a 25% premium increase PER YEAR). And that doesn't even address the additional 20% I pay above the normal group-plan premium rates.

If we had a public option, I wouldn't have been forced into the wolf-jaws of private insurance coverage. If we get a public option, I will switch faster than you can say HOORAY! Private medical insurance providers should take note. We are tired of being screwed for no other reason than that we are paying for our own insurance rather than through an employer.

Frank Partisan said...

Michael Moore has a scene in his new movie, showing Cleveland.

Unknown said...

I cannot imagine why anyone would send you hate mail. This is a terrific post.

Distributorcap said...

this is one of your best posts (in a long line of good ones)

this health care situation is perhaps the worst american tragedy yet - and the fact we have SO many people, govt officials and the media showing how much they DONT CARE is not only mystifying, it is inhumane and criminal

i really do not think this country can recover from the hate and anger that is being spewed now - and the sheer ignorance.

my heart and hope goes out to you. you have my email and facebook if you need a friend

enigma4ever said...

to everyone who commented...you know that I am grateful that you are out there,...that you read what I write..and that you care...about our broken country...

thank you for caring....

namaste...

enigma4ever said...

tuesday sept 29th eve,
Baucus peice of crap bill update;
Shumer and Rockefeller public option amendments were brought forth- both failed to get enough votes- esp dem votes...

I don't really know what to expect or hope for at this point....big insurance and dumass repugs and bluedogs are really sinking the hopes of americans...more than 70% of public and doctors want publicoption...

Human said...

The Democrats today revealed once again that they are hardly different in their action than Republicans. Public Option was shot down in Committee.
People can blame "Blue Dogs" all they want. Fact is, both parties are in control of the Corporations.
We love Cleveland. The Children's museum and the zoo are top notch. Hope to explore the canyon and falls someday.
Peace.

enigma4ever said...

thanks Human....
....namaste.

enigma4ever said...

ok...
computer is fixed...it's wed nite...
bless the Apple Genius Bar...

back to working on the book...

( at this rate I will need anger management classes and counseling after this fricking HealthCare battle)