Sunday, September 06, 2009

Sad to Report this, Little After Midnight, Van Jones Issued Resignation

From Washington Post 12:30AM:
Van Jones Resigns
By Garance Franke-Ruta
Van Jones, special adviser for green jobs at the White House Council on Environmental Quality, resigned Saturday, following weeks of pressure from the right and a flurry of revelations about his past statements.

"I am resigning my post at the Council on Environmental Quality, effective today," Jones said in a resignation letter released by the CEQ late Saturday.

"On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me. They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide," he said.

"I have been inundated with calls -- from across the political spectrum -- urging me to 'stay and fight,'" he continued. "But I came here to fight for others, not for myself. I cannot in good conscience ask my colleagues to expend precious time and energy defending or explaining my past. We need all hands on deck, fighting for the future.

"It has been a great honor to serve my country and my President in this capacity. I thank everyone who has offered support and encouragement. I am proud to have been able to make a contribution to the clean energy future. I will continue to do so, in the months and years ahead."
Posted at 12:30 AM ET on Sep 6, 2009
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A little after MN at first Chuck Todd and CNN ( Brusk) released this news on Twitter, there was no official WH press release of Statement- it was literally released as a Twitter Rumor...( This was poorly handled ....it felt like Chuck and CNN loved sneaking out this information...it was pretty tacky- they never thought to talk to him or interview him ? or was this how Gibbs and Rahm wanted it released ?And WHO will be attacked next by Beck and FOX....)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
LINK post to Twitter or FB, Van Jones Actual Letter to Stutley,linked to the title::
http://thinkprogress.org/2009/09/06/van-jones-resigns/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Howard Dean Weighed in this am, Here's the link for Twitter:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfqMha5aMsA,

10 comments:

Unknown said...

http://www.breitbart.com/index.php?category=1

Peloskki

the walking man said...

Snipe away at the edges of the army, attack from the flanks and soon the center is revealed.

I feel like the administration is constantly caving to the assault. It goes against every fiber of my being to not fight the far right hubris.

libhom said...

Van Jones got pushed out for perfectly reasonable views expressed in his past. Now, the fight for environmental improvement and justice will pay the price.

I can see the corporate polluters' puppet strings all over the rightist politicians and pundits.

Reatha Compton said...

I am very sad this morning to learn of Van Jones' resignation. Very sad indeed.

D.K. Raed said...

well this feels like a punch in the guts! he must've been getting non-stop death threats since beck started railing against him. I hate to use a phrase like lynch mob, but that's what I think drove him out.

D.K. Raed said...

I should've known something was up last night as I kept seeing Van's name pop up in comments for no apparent reason (in very hurtful racist comments). do the redwing nuts have some secret info source or something? they were already swarming the nets well before the news broke. like spiders, do they somehow sense when something edible is tugging on their webs?

tom said...

Another shot across the bow
when will we fight back?
Hope can Not survive if it does not FIGHT BACK

If Obama won't fight back cause his is still in his kumbya stage then let somebody else be a roaring lion

but if the MSM won't cover say Dean or Barney Frank or other loud libs, then where do we stand?

Obama needs to use his bully pulpit
NOW

enigma4ever said...

What you all said..sad...worried and yes, Obama needs to go to the Bully- Chitown- kicksomeass pulpit- this is only the beginning or RWNJ crapola..and yes I would bet money after seeing the comments in the Twitter thread that Beckerheads were threatening Van Jones and his family...

this is a dark time...but this is why we wanted Obama to lead...I don;t want anymore Rahm and Gibbs blowing this shit off...it's not just "silly season" it is a dangerous dark time...

enigma4ever said...

8:44PM
Jake and Chuckles chatting on twitter....
"chucktpolitical@jaketapper The White House is really hoping we don't refer to Mr. Bloom as a czar but it's hard to come up with another description"...


asses....total asses...

Dan said...

Finally, I found a blog that is continuing the good fight. Now, we must watch the next "Beck Attack"--already brewing.