Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Dear Keith Olbermann.....Thank You (1.21.11)


"To be persuasive we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; credible we must be truthful. "~~ Edward R. Murrow ( Letter below sent over weekend...)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Keith,
I mention this Murrow quote because you were someone we believed in and also we knew that you did your best to bring us Truth.

I can't believe I have to find a way to say Good Bye....Eight years we were more than Lucky, Blessed...We had a Time of the Night where it was OK to be Liberal. It was OK to be pissed, OK to be worried. Where we had some kind of Sanity Glue that held us together....For me and my son we would sit and watch the Evening News and then Jeopardy and then Countdown. Countdown let us talk about what we most cared about....it gave me a way to talk to my son about things that I did not even Understand. From the Missing WMD to the Illegal War to Gitmo to Bush Crimes to Katrina to the Gulf Oil Spill to Health Care Crisis.....It taught Courage and Truth Telling in a way that I can not even begin to measure. Your show was more than just Commentary on our times, it was some of the Finest Journalism of the last 10 years. It was interviews that were impressive and probing and thought provoking.

When MSNBC fired Phil Donahue I almost gave up on them, but then you arrived with your History knowledge and appreciation, and your sports insights. You also appreciated Bloggers and Blogs and Activists who are not of DC, and that was invaluable in these Times. When Obama was declared the Winner in November 2008, it was your Voice that we will remember announcing that......


And through it all you reminded us of Who and What matters...and you were an Anchor in some very Dark times....and while you were facing huge losses on your own front....To say we are grateful is not saying Enough. My Son and I wish you the best....and hope that you know you are a Voice that is still needed, and that you find a way to move forward....to your next adventure and that you know all of us are watching...we will follow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Confession ::: the Photo is from Keith's baseball Blog, which is wonderful....and I am glad that now this spring he will be able to watch lots of baseball...so I am picturing him at the Ballpark....

4 comments:

D.K. Raed said...

This is a wonderful tribute, Enigma. You really captured how Keith kept us sane. And "The Boxer" is perfect! (the fighter still remains) ...

enigma4ever said...

thanks deb....I still can't believe it...

Anonymous said...

Dear Allie Mcneil, i am so happy to find your beautiful blog, all stuffs published in this blog are extraordinary excellent.... keep the great job on!

G.Rehman

MandT said...

Great tribute! Keith is missed.