Monday, January 17, 2011

Martin Luther King.....Remembering


We may have all come on different ships, but we're in the same boat now.” - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Martin Luther King Interview on Mike Douglas ( First of 3 parts, note the Anti War Discussion....I actually remember seeing this...at my granma's....)

"Somehow this madness must cease. We must stop now. I speak as a child of God and brother to the suffering poor of Vietnam.I speak for those whose land is being laid waste, whose homes are being destroyed, whose culture is being subverted. I speak for the poor in America who are paying the double price of smashed hopes at home and death and corruption in Vietnam. I speak as a citizen of the world, for the world as it stands aghast at the path we have taken. I speak as an American to the leaders of my own nation. The great initiative in this war is ours. The initiative to stop it must be ours."Martin Luther King, Jr., The Trumpet of Conscience, 1967.

My Original post on Martin Luther King updated ... Memories of a child of the Sixties...growing up in Downtown Baltimore.

Here is the Tape of Bobby Kennedy speaking about Martin Luther King's Death....in Indianapolis,


Robert Kennedy's Daughter Kerry Kennedy wrote about her Dad in this post...and about him speaking to King's Death.

The poor in our countries have been shut out of our minds and driven from the mainstream of our societies, because we have allowed them to become invisible. ~Martin Luther King, Jr., Nobel Prize lecture, 11 December 1968

"I Have a Dream...."



This Summer of 2011 the MLK Memorial will be opening....I hope to take my son...We must keep King's Dream Alive....

No comments: