Wednesday, July 06, 2011

We Are One People....the series...


I am trying to interview people....tell their stories...or pieces of their Stories...Because too many People are Invisible right now....Now if just one would let me take their photo that would make this series so much better.....So last night I was walking to watch the Movie Filming near by....and I met a really interesting soul....The kind that has Stories....

He was sitting on the back of a Truck,leaning companionably....faded overalls and eyes the color of sunwashed denim....face weathered like a long trekked hiker.....So I said Hey..and we started talking....I asked him about working on the Film...He does Set Design....( So see the photo....It really is July by Lake Erie....but the film is set for Halloween Night, don't you love the Old Polished Cars and the Leaves scattered by the Lamp...that's his Work...)

He's been doing this Work since 1978......He loves it....you can even tell that the way he gently leans against His Truck....and when you look in back everything is arranged with order...tools and art supplies...There's order...there's love....

So I say....What was your First Movie ?

His eyes light up....."Ahhhhh 1978 "Harvest Home " ......Betty Davis."

I nod impressed...."Wow...I bet she was Something...."

"They don't make them like that anymore...I wish they did"....
*Many thanks to Terry for talking with me ....*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's right Ladies...may we aspire to be more Like Betty Davis....30 years later she still can make a man Misty eyed with admiration......

2 comments:

Carolyn Moon said...

I like the idea of a series devoted to personal accounts of ordinary people. This will hopefully assist in coaching us to leave the islands we construct for ourselves. We are then free to join the mainland.

I look forward to more of these snippets of the human experience. ^◡^

Peace.....

Durward Discussion said...

I gave you an award. Come and get it.