Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Flowers on the Fire Escape....

************************ I have not written here in months, partly because I find New Blogger cumbersome, not really user friendly. And then on another note I finally realized I hate coming to my old Blog because I see the FLOOD all over again, and I don't want to see it or think about it. I don't think folks realize that Disasters leave scars and wounds, that need time to heal. My son and I did make it to Brooklyn, we did find a nice landlord ( and Building Manager, and Super and even a really nice maintenance guy). So we got very lucky in NYC. And our rent and utilities and expenses are actually much cheaper than Cleveland ( yeah really). And I go for long talk walks with my neighbor, which also means that Lilly Dog has a walking buddy now. And living in a four story walk up is not so bad, it gets incredible Light. So there are good things here. But 6-6 and I have mostly been in survival mode this year,it has been very rough. And I think it will take a couple of years to get settled here, but 6-6 does not want us to give up his dream to be here, so I am giving it all I have got. The photo was some beautiful flowers spied on a fire escape down an alley...That is how NYC really is...you can turn the corner and something Amazing will take away your breath when you least expect it....Expect It.

No comments: